Had sex. Have been itchy, swollen and burns. Tried cream which helped little. Suggest?

Question
Hello I have a few questions ?
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 8 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
so what is wrong with your Female issues, let me know I will try to solve them for you. Please go ahead.
I hope my advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Had sex. Have been itchy, swollen and burns. Tried cream which helped little. Suggest? 2 minutes later
I've been with the same boyfriend for 3 years and we have sex occasionally Sunday was the last time since then I've been itchy and today it's swollen and burns a little bit I've tried creme for it and it helps but isn't 100% better

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back to healthcare Magic!
The symptoms are suggestive of a local infection or an allergic reaction.
If you have any discharge then send it for Gram stain and culture and also get urine exam and culture of your boyfriend and yourself.
Keep the area dry by frequent change of pads and use cotton undergarments.
If you have started using something new suspect it to be the cause of allergy then stop it.
I think you will need broad spectrum antibiotics, please get examined by a local gynecologist for this purpose.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Had sex. Have been itchy, swollen and burns. Tried cream which helped little. Suggest? 2 hours later
Thanks alot ! There is definitely no discharge I think it definitely could be a allergic reaction
So I shouldn't put anything on it just keep it clean and dry ? And by Monday if nothing has changed ill go see a doctor

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 49 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.
Try to find out the causative article and exclude from use.
The problem should resolve in coming two three days if it is allergic.
If infection it will not resolve and in that case you will need antibiotics.
I hope it will help.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
i hope you will recover soon.