Had sex 2 days before period date but still period has not started. What to do?

Question
Hi i had a sex with my girl frnd before 2days of her period date where in still her periods have nt started pls suggest me sm thing wat can b done on this pls
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please get her urine checked for pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Two days prior to due date for menstrual period, sex is generally safe.

Menstrual period starts generally on 14th day of ovulation. Sometimes ovulation is delayed and thus period also gets delayed.

As her periods have not started, please get her urine checked for pregnancy and if result is positive, consult a doctor with her in person. If result is negative, she can wait for period.

With good wishes
Dr.C.S.Sharma

Follow-up: Had sex 2 days before period date but still period has not started. What to do? 1 hour later
is there any possibility of having pregnancy if we hav sex only once n it was 3-4 days prior to the period.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get urine tested for pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome once again,

If periods are regular, chances of pregnancy due to unprotected sex 2 days prior to due date of period are very few, 3-4 days prior chances will be few. But as I have told you earlier, sometimes ovulation is delayed and as a consequence period is also delayed. Delayed ovulation will increase chances of pregnancy 2 days prior to due date also.

Please convey delay of period and post test result.

As test for pregnancy is simple, it will be better to get it done for peace of mind.

With good wishes,