Had severe viral fever and recovered. Now feeling sleepy. cause and cure?

I had a severe attack of viral fever about 3 weeks back. I recovered in a few days. However since then I am feeling a lot more sleepy. Even after sleeping for 8 to 9 hours I am yawning through the day. What could be the cause and how can this be resolved?
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Its very common for one to feel lethargic post viral fever. Need not worry, this is self limiting and may need no medications.

A good diet and exercise would suffice here.

Follow-up: Had severe viral fever and recovered. Now feeling sleepy. cause and cure? 5 hours later
How long can lethargy be expected to persist? I assumed the same initially, however after 3+ weeks I am not sure.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Depends o the viral strain

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

The lethargy following the viral infection depend son the type of virus infection.

Also any strain may cause such symptoms for not more than a month. If you have symptoms even after a month from the infection then you may have to get yourself examined by your nearest doctor.