Had severe stomach pain with mild diarrhea. Stool and urine test normal. Suggest?

Stomach pain. Female aged 26. No medical issues. No family medical issues. Last year or so have been having some stomach pain on and off. Would say about 3-4 times a month a mild stomach ache comes. Usually at night. Sometimes pain can be severe but severe period usually only lasts 20 mins, then just mild, then I go to sleep and feel fine the next morning. Also have issues with bowl movements. Sometimes I can go 4 days without one, then when it comes I poop all day.

Then suddenly:

Just last night I was woken up with severe stomach pain. This pain is located below the bellow button. It can be stab/cramp like and is so painful it brings tears to eyes. The severe part makes me bend over and is a 10/10 on pain scale. Severe part last about 5 mins, then it just is moderate pressure pain after that (4/10), then the severe comes back then moderate pressure. I would say the severe periods are about twice an hour. This cycle went on for about 5 hours (severe-moderate-severe-moderate... Currently (next day) I just have mild general stomach pain and have had 1 episode of the severe part. Mild diarrhea but nothing too crazy. I went to the ER in morning when severe episodes were just ending, they did touch exam and everything felt normal. Urine clean, no infection there. No blood in stool. They did not want to do CT at time because they didn't think it would find anything useful.

Any ideas I could look into? Like I said these stomach issues have been going on for months, but I have only had the severe part a couple of those times. The most recent time there was several cycles of the severe part as described above.

The doc said maybe something like bowl motility? I was thinking maybe those pockets where food gets stuck in your intestines, IBS, food allergy, cyst issues, or blockage of bowls?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 8 hours later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your query in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
From what you have stated there could be the following possibilities
1. Uretheric collic. It occurs mostly if there is a calculus in your ereter and causes the type of pajn exactly like the one you have described. The same can be confirmed by an usg scan.
2. Bile duct calculi. Again it can confirmed by a usg.
3. Pacreatic duct stenosis. This diagnosis can be confirmed by a ct scan.
4. Gastitis or peptic ulcer. This needs a course of anti acids for around 2 konths. In my clinic I generally advice 20 of omeprazole.
In short you surely need to get investiagted usinv a usg scan and ct scan both. It cannot be a bowel movement pain as you are only 28 years.
Hope this helps
Dr. Srikanth Reddy