Had severe pain in right side of body. Feel numbness. Causing vomiting. Cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
Had severe pain in right side of body from my neck to my toes to include numbness, now the problem has noved to the other side of my body, had an open mri done, have an appointment on Tuesday, pain is severe enough to cause vonitting...what is wrong with me?
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Brain Tumor

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to exclude a cervical cord disease

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your symptoms, I would like to exclude a cervical cord disease. The most common problem is compression of the spinal cord in cervical region by a slipped disc. This can be clarified after we get the MRI reports.

Other causes of this problem can be a tumor or infection in the cervical spinal cord region, however, they are unlikely with your history.

Please keep me informed about the MRI report.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist

Follow-up: Had severe pain in right side of body. Feel numbness. Causing vomiting. Cause? 21 hours later
thanks

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thank you

Detailed Answer:
Thank you and best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)