Had severe back pain and creatinine was high. Given injection and naproxen tablets. Should I take vitamin D intake?

I was at the emergency room a month ago for a severe back pain. I think that my creatinine was high again. they gave me a pain killer injection at the emergency room plus 2 naproxen tablets and sent me home with a prescription for naproxen and oxycodone. do you think that I should see a kidney specialist for my vitamin D intake?
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 2 days later
Brief Answer:
pain killers and vitamin D in patient with CKD

Detailed Answer:

Pain killers can be very helpfu in treating a back pain. However if your creatinine is indeed high creatinine, it is better not to any pain killer that can act against kidney. Most of the antacids and pain killers can damage kidneys and will add further injury to already ailing kidneys.
However since pain killers have be very helpful in controlling pain, it would be worthwhile to confirm whether or not your creatinine was high.

As far as the vitamin D is concerned, you can XXXXXXX any XXXXXXX physician and you need to get the level of vitamin D before taking the supplements of vitamin D. You also should monitor the calcium and phosphorus before and after taking supplements as vitamin D metabolism gets alerted in patients with kidney disease. There can be chances of odd increase in calcium and phosphorus during the therapy with Vit D.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.