Had severe back pain. Cat scan found lyperdense lesion on left kidney inferior posterior. Meaning?

I am 50 yeras old went for sever back pain to emergency last night and they did cat scan and the results said thaty found a lyperdense lesion on left kidney inferior posterior? what does that mean and i am in alot of back pain and pain on my left side ? They gave me pain meds? my back feels really warm hot feeling ? and i still have alot of pain on left side they told me to see my doctor for a renal ultrasound
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Renal cysts or other causes, need to be confirmed

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

A hyperdense lesion in the kidney is an area which is found to be different from the surrounding kindey tissue mostly due to damage. But, the CAT scan could not really pick up the exact description of this area. A renal ultrasound is a wise next step as the causes for such a presentstion could be a cyst, a hematoma, carcinoma, etc.

Please go ahead with a renal ultrasound which should provide some vital information on structure and possible cause for the hyperdense area. This investigation might not be the last as your doctor might order more precise and invasive investigations depending on the suspected cause.

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications.

God bless.