Had severe acidity and gastric problem. Now having migraine. Correct treatment?

Good Morning Doctor,

I face this problem every winter. last weekend I had severe acidity and gastric problem which is still on from past 5 days due to which I am having migraine like pain on left side of my head.
As soon as I have paracetamol, PudinHara (ayurved) or Digene syrup the head ache subsides after 1 – 2hrous.

It looks like, if I intake any gas related food like potatos etc then next afternoon I'll get sever Acute head ache ( not enitre left side head but like a 'writing pen' length vein which connects to my left eye).

Could you pls suggest the treatment / cure for this.
Posted Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 44 minutes later
Its possible that you have migraine or vascular headache which may be accompanied with vomiting, acidity symptoms which usually occur on episodic basis. If is accompanied with eye watering, nose stuffiness then it suggests so.
Sometimes acidity may be accompanied by headache. You can take an OTC medication like Pantoprazole under the guidance of a physician . You can take Tablet paracetamol 500 mg 1 tablet 2-3 times a day for headache. Please see a neurologist if headache is persistent.
Hope this answers your query.
Please do let me know if you have any more questions.
Wish you a speedy recovery.