Had serious inner ear infection. inserted tube. Having pain. What else can be done?

My daughter had an very serious inner ear infection have been fighting it for weeks, today she was given antibiotics and drops after they inserted tube so medicine would reach inner ear, she is suffering a great deal states its getting worse in pain, any suggestions to assist in pain relief. She has drops she has to put in, and tomorrow can start using a numbing drop, I suggested she put hot compresses on for some relief but looking to see if anything else I can do to help her.

I have none of her stuff from doctor visit, not sure what else I can add
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doctors are giving the right therapy to your child

Detailed Answer:

Please take all the things peacefully. If you are not anxious, you would be able to help your daughter better.

Now, it is a great choice that her doctors has put her on antibiotics and ear drops.

Perhaps your child is having pus in inner ear, and doctors will try to draw it.

However, warm compresses can help. Oral painkillers can help too (ibuprofen,mephenamic acid, acetaminophen, etc).

Actually, your daughter's doctors have given the right treatment to her. Therefore, you just need to relax and support your child going through this and showing her that everything would be fine again. Time and patience are needed to see the results.

Hoping quick recovery to your sweet!

You can write to me any other concern you might have.