Had semen analysis test. Does report suggest to be fertile?

Hi my sperm count is 135 mill/ml and motility is 45 and progressive is 35 and no progressive is 55 viability is 77 I am good enough to conceive I am trying from last two months along with a follicular study of my wife but of now use I want to know is these reading enough to conceive
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The count is normal but forward motility is lower.

Detailed Answer:

Here is my opinion about your total sperm count is very good.
-The motility, though has fallen on the lower side of normal, is sufficient.
-The progressive motility, a vital feature in assessing, is on the lower side; it should normally be more.
-viability is also sufficient.
Liquefaction is another important aspect of the test; please mention if it has been done.

Overall, your report is satisfactory and needs to be repeated to see if there is any change. There are no specific medicines available to improve motility, but, abstaining from smoking and drinking help a lot, and these do not apply to you. Avoid wearing tight underclothing and bathing with very hot water. You would need at least six months to see if natural conception takes place. With your current semen analysis report, you have fair chances of conception and so do not worry. Please monitor periodically.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.