Had semen analysis test. Can HIV cause pus cell in semen?

Question
thank U sir. Sir, can HIV cause pus cell in semen ? Is the number of pus cell in my semen report suggest any possible HIV infection which is in early stage or at later stage ? I here by attach my semen analysis report.
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The reports you have attached does not show any significant infection. There are few pus cells which may sometimes can appear that can be normal. however the pus cells are not present in HIV and they appear in either genital tract infection. As stated they are very few in no. and can be eliminated with use cranberry extract.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Had semen analysis test. Can HIV cause pus cell in semen? 2 minutes later
thank U sir. Please let me know what is cranberry extract ? And am I able to father a child with this report ?
Suppose someone infected by HIV is it so that his semen will contain pus cell (in early or later stages of HIV )? And am I able to father a child with this report ?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 15 minutes later
Cranberry extract are tablets which are made from extracts from cranberries that are easily available in drug stores.

HIV is actually a disease or an acquired virus which diminishes a person's immunity and the person is vulnerable to most infectious diseases. The disease starts its effects almost after 3 months of exposure. As stated this might be a mild urinary or genital tract infection. and you can for a baby with this report.

Thanks

Follow-up: Had semen analysis test. Can HIV cause pus cell in semen? 1 minute later
thank U so much sir. Sir what are the normal range parameters of semen analysis and whether my report lies within it or not ? I am curious to know.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 9 minutes later
You should not be curious. There are not any major abnormality in your sperm count except than the sperm motility which should be more than 50% while you are having 25% which can be improved with use testosterone analogues like gonadil f.

Thanks