Had second child and having heart palpitation with chest pain. EKG, echo test and chest x-ray normal. Cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Im 20year old female just had my second child 2mth ago and now im having heart paptations with chest pain. Ekg echo chesst exray sre all normal%3F Ideas%3F%3F
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 minutes later
The palpitations and chest pain that you are having could be related to anaemia. Since all the cardiac work up reports are normal, there is nothing much to worry. Anxiety, inadequate rest and sleep while taking care of the baby are also common reasons. Do take care of your diet and other daily supplements.
Follow-up: Had second child and having heart palpitation with chest pain. EKG, echo test and chest x-ray normal. Cause? 5 hours later
I was told im not anemic. After delivery i bled for 12 hours and lost a lot of blood. All due to a laceration from forceps. I had 4 blood transfusions with that. Two days after i cane home from hospital i started feeling all the symptoms of chest disconfort%2C rapid heart beat. Feeling tired and i get body aches. And the chest pain is sharp stabbing and sometimes heavyness. All cardiac results were normal. I also experienced diarreah or 3 weeks straight%2C thats tappered off now%21 The blood tests were all negative for any diseases and stuff like that. But wceryday i get chest pain off and on. And can always feel my heart beat over 120 when in the shower or doimg small actuvitys around the house%21
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Since your heart rate is also higher, it is more suggestive of an anxiety related pain. It is best to get a mild anti anxiety drug prescribed from your physician with a low day time sedation.
To help this problem you can also take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.