Had seafood for lunch, feeling sick, diarrhoea and vomiting. Have MS. Is it food poisoning?

I ate seafood for lunch on fri and got sick on sat late morning: direhea (sic) and vomiting. Late that night went to the ER (I have MS) and was admitted overnight due to a high white blood count. Do you think I had food poisoning?
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Loose stool and vomiting can occur in acute gastroenteritis or in food poisoning. If all the members who consumed the food item had such problem it points out to food poisoning.
Elevated white blood count could be because of bacterial infection.
Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics