Had scab minor on scalp. Suggested to use cordisone cream. Feeling pressure at the back of head. Advice

had "scab"-minor on top/back of scalp for some time (since coloring hair probably with chemical my research now
tells me I should avoid. Two weeks ago friend suggested try buying cordisone cream, to put on it.About this time
when I started applying this started getting "pressure in back of head-wide path type" or "tightening" not head-ache
at least any I am fimiliar with . Immediatey made appt. with demotologist , she wasn"t sure what it was,(not fungal)
but, seems to think it would do well with higher dose of cream-twice daily-prescription. Suggested shots-cortisone-
to top to head. First rejected, but because of possible work situation opening up, I agreed.(4 shots )Oct.10.
More pressure off and on followed, but have stayed the cream approach.(Scab still flakes off, but slightly better)
However, pressure when I get active physically still not greart.(Never wake up with it, goes away with aspirin
and laying down) Seems to like food and hot tea and coffee. (Gave up coffee briefly did-='t help) Tried brain
foods, smoothie, blueberries, walnut s, protein, avacodo, fish(lots), fresh veggies,lots fresh fruit, whole grain
gluton free.Lean toward the homopathic and never had a serious illness any type at 69.Very active physically
and on computer.-even tho typing doesn't reflect this.Any suggestions-cannot find one person on internet\
reporting correlation between cortisone cream or shots in scalp with similiar "conditions". All help appreciated.
Called doctor back and asked her nurse to ask her if I should try aleve and did she think I should discontinue
using creme twice a day? Have not heard from her,doctor gone,Friday.

Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I feel you have pityriasis amiantacea.

Detailed Answer:

After reading the history , I feel that probably you may be having pityriasis amiantacea ...

There may be thick yellowish scales and scabs on any part of scalp leading to hairs tufted.

Scales look like asbestos..that is why name amiantacea.

I would like to ask few questions.

Is there any other systemic or skin disease?

From how many days you have this disease?

Is there any past history of any disease ?

Do you have any bad habit of smoking, tobacco chewing or alcohol?

Do you take any medicine?

Any family history of any disease?

Let me give answers for perfect diagnosis and therapy.

I would like to have photo of affected part. Please post.

Waiting for answers and photo.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD