Had safe sex. Delayed periods. Worried? Suggest

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
hi i m 24 yrs i had a safe sex wit my partner & nw i m missing my periods.....actualy my period date is 14 & today is 23rd & i had sex on 8th so nw i am in tension......please give me advice wt to do??????
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 34 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.

First, there is no need to panic, you cant change anything now. Considering that you had safe sex and that it was 8-9 days after estimated ovulation, possiblity of pregnancy is low. But, of course, it cant be ruled out for sure especailly if there was condom breakage or late ovulation. Missed periods can be sign of pregnancy but also of many other disorders. The simple way to make all this clear is to do pregnancy test which will now be almost 100% accurate. So, go to pharmacist and ask for urine pregnancy test. After this you can plan everything else. If result is negative you should visit gyn anyway to check the causes of missed period.
WIsh you good luck. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help.