Had rubbing of sexual parts. Took unwanted 72. Chances of pregnancy?

Question
hi

i was with a girl yesterday, although we had not sex, however we were rubbing our sexual parts with each other whole night. There was fluid around that part (there was cum my penis, and some other liquid from her vigina)
today, after 25 hours we realized that there may be chances of getting pregnant, so she took unwanted 72 pill. now could you please let me know
1) having not sex, just rubbing around the main part can also lead to pregnancy?
2) if yes, taking unwanted 72 pill is okay or do we need to take some other actions also? what is success rate of this pill
3) in case some other also need to taken, please suggest what
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 42 minutes later
Hi, thanks for the query.

1. Yes, even not having sex and just rubbing parts can lead to pregnancy; although the chances are very less. As the male partner's precum have some sperm and it can result in pregnancy.
2. Unwanted 72 or any other emergency contraceptive can prevent 75% of pregnancies that could occur without the use of contraceptives, but needs physical consultation with doctor.
3. It is a good measure and all other alternatives are also having the approximately same success rate.
4. At this time what I can suggest you is that please wait for the normal routine menses. If unfortunately she missed her period then go for early pregnancy test like urine/ serum Beta HCG detection.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Had rubbing of sexual parts. Took unwanted 72. Chances of pregnancy? 4 hours later
Thank you Doctor

Just one more thing, do I need to take any other action (just to remind she already taken unwanted 72 pill)? The reason why I am asking this is because I don't want to take any chance at all.
If any thing that is done today lead to "safer" tomorrow then its better to do it today only.

Please suggest.

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 8 hours later

Thanks for asking your doubt.

As she has already taken unwanted 72, no other medication can be used now for the same purpose. Only thing that can be done is to wait and watch and go for early pregnancy test in case of missing the period to take an early.

Hope this helps.

For any further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Had rubbing of sexual parts. Took unwanted 72. Chances of pregnancy? 5 hours later
thanks for reply Doctor XXXXXXX

one more thing, her period start date is 13th of this month (ideally), however if we pre pon it by any means (taking pills or naturally), will help us?
I mean if there are periods then situation will be under control, this is what I think.

Please suggest if we need to proceed or not?
If yes, then which method should be adopted and how..?

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 36 minutes later

Period can be preponed only by hormonal tablets. We give progesterone for few days and then stop. Its withdrawal leads to bleeding.

That being said, period preponement is not the appropriate action here. Because if she is already pregnant then she will have enough natural progesterone in her body that stopping progesterone tablets will not cause withdrawal bleeding. In short, if she is not pregnant then its good. But if she is pregnant, you cannot do withdrawal bleeding for preponing of period.

Hope this helps.
WWW.WWWW.WW