Ask a Dentist   »  

Had root canal. Having severe pain on right cheek bone and around eyes. On antibiotic. No relief. Suggest the cure?

Doctor, i had root canal on tooth number 29 10 days ago, now im having severe pain on my right cheekbone and around my eyes .. But the tooth is not hurting.I was on antibiotic, but it never help
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
suspected periapical granuloma in upper teeth

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

As per the given history,it appears that the posterior(back) teeth in your upper jaw is infected.Thus it is causing pain in surrounding bones and around the eyes.

Remember no lower teeth can cause pain in upper arch due to different nerve supply.

In this scenario mere antibiotic and analgesics will not give much relief,you must visit your dentist to get it detected radio graphically.

A simple x XXXXXXX can clearly show the underlying pathology(any granuloma developed).

Presently i would like to suggest you, to do warm saline rinse and if possible apply clove oil as a home remedy.

It is better to see your dentist soon.Infected tooth behaves like a closed chamber and causes immense pain due to pressure built up there.Once it is intervened clinically,it gives immediate relief.

You can also continue with pain killers till you see your dentist.

Hope it helps.