Ask a Urologist   »  

Had robotic prostatectomy. While reaching climax during sex urinate profusely. Normal?

I had robotic prostatectomy 10+ months ago. When I am sexually stimulated with my wife and reach a climax, I urinate profusely. Is this common?
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No its a problem

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Normally when one reaches a climax the tube of urine gets shut and the one throwing out semen opens. Similarly when we urinate the reverse happens.
In a prostate surgery there is local disection in this area and some times people do have this kind of problem.
However they settle down in 2-3 weeks. It can never last for 8 months. The fact that its been 8months suggests that there is some anatomical chage and its a complication of the surgery. This needs a separate surgery and urosurgeons are the people who do these kinds of sugery. Basically the area first needs to be explored tonidentify the poblem.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.