Had retinal tear and lost one eye. Had cataract operation in another eye. Get migraine and taking Vasograin

i am 68yrs old. i had retinal tear about 16yrs back. consequently i lost my right eye. since then i manage with one eye.i had cataract operation in this eye also about 15 yrs back after i lost my right eye. however, i get severe migrain quite often and i am forced to take vasograin. its affect lasts exactly 48 hours. i dont know if it is ok if i keep using it often. please suggest a right medicine which i can use frequently and which does not have harmful side affects.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Vasograin is a good drug for migraine and I suggest you to continue taking them unless you have symtoms like palpitations, chest pain, gastric irritation, etc.
However, an other good alternative drug for you would be propranolol which is a weak beta blocker commonly used for migraine it also has cardio protective properties.
Since you are giving me history of cataract and retinal tear it is quite possible that your headaches are secondary to optical issues. I strongly recommend you to XXXXXXX a good ophthalmologist before reaching out to your neurologist for the change of migraine medications.

I hope I was of help, please get back to me if you have further queries