Had repairs on rotator cuff. Taking cephalexin and hydrocodone. Experiencing nausea and pain. Suggest ways for relief

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My husband has had some repairs on his rotator cuff. Post op meds were cephalexin 500mg and Hydrocodone 10/325. He never takes medications other than occassional otc Aleve or Advil. He has been eating and or drinking milk with his medications but still experiencing nausea. He hasn't been able to sleep either. This is draining him of all his energy. He is still experiencing break thru pain. He has a 2pm post op appt today but is there anything to get him some relief or comfort Sir.

Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do physiotherapy and take antacids

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us,
I have studied your case with diligence.

As you have repaired your rotator cuff now you need good physiotherapy with theraband exercises.
I will advise to consult physiotherapist for proper protocol.
Physiotherapy like USG, TENS AND SWD may help you for early recovery.

For nausea I will advise to start antacids [proton pump inhibitors like] rabeprazole 20 mg with domperidone [rablet-D] twice a day.
Sucralfate will protect gastric mucosa and will give protective covering.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.