Had renal cell kidney cancer. On Remeron, tetetrol for digestive issues. Need of changing the medicine?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012
Excellent

Question
I had renal cell kidney cancer. After I went home, told my Drs. I could not eat. Asked for a Been off the trams. Nutritionistand help. Dr. said yes,but never happened. Out of smpathey, I went on Tramadaols for 1.5 yrs.. 4 a day-50mgs. Went into a Depression and now am on Remeron,tetetrol for digestive issues.Been off trams for 4 mons. now,but feel lousey. Did not know trams had effexor in them. will I ever feel better? Guess I should tell my Dr.,but afraid to. But maybe he needs to change my meds.? Any opinion would help
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thanks for posting.

I think you should see your doctor as soon as possible. The primary aim of your doctor is to consider your health first and treat your condition including your state of mind. And your state of mind right now is the greatest problem you are facing and not even your cancer. You are worried about it and it is making you take various drugs without really having proper indications. My suggestion right now is to first quit all automedications and see your doctor.
If you will ever get better will depend on you. Discuss this with your doctor and ask him to be XXXXXXX with your state. He needs to evaluate the extend to which the cancer has evolved and from there can tell you your prognosis. Treatment is available for your cancer but depends on a lot of factors that will be better presented by your doctor.
Please do not be afraid of your doctor, he is there to help and you can always turn to another doctor that you feel more comfortable with. You are the priority and not your doctors feeling (judging you will not be for him to decide or any one else beside yourself). You can also consult with a neuropsychiatrist who can also manage your pains.

Hope this helps

Dr Nsah

Follow-up: Had renal cell kidney cancer. On Remeron, tetetrol for digestive issues. Need of changing the medicine? 19 minutes later
Helped alot,but what are automedications? They have been prescribed by my phycritrist,except for the tramadol. I already quit those.

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 minutes later
Thanks for updating

Automedications are simply medications taken without prescription by a doctor or healthcare practitioner. I apologize for misunderstanding you. If drugs are prescribed by a doctor, then you continue except for the tramadol (since already quit).
My suggestion is that you should XXXXXXX your doctor or pyschiatrist either will help.

Dr Nsah

Follow-up: Had renal cell kidney cancer. On Remeron, tetetrol for digestive issues. Need of changing the medicine? 4 minutes later
Thank Youso very much.See him next Monday and see where it goes.. I will suggest Neuro Dr. See my GP XXXXXXX .

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 minutes later
You are welcome and wish you a good health.
Dr Nsah