Had removal of cyst from ovary. When can I have sex?
User rating for this question
After having surgery to remove a cyst on my ovary about 6cm big that had been mointered for a year,how long should I wait to be stimulated sexualy?
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Approx one month Detailed Answer: Hi, The literature does not put any limitation for sexual intercourse or stimulation post surgery. However as surgeons recommend one month to six weeks to resume the sexual intercourse after laparoscopy. If there is laparoscopic procedure they would put 'sound' probe via cervix into the womb, this might stretch the cervix and it takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal completely. So any surplus friction or injury via intercourse may bleed or hinder the healing. If it was an open surgery there is no restriction you can resume after 15 days or whenever you feel like. Hope this helps.
People also viewed
- Signs symptoms liver problems
- Spotting blood from anus recurring symptom cause of worry
- Removal of ovaries due to cysts
- Right hand feeling cold why
- Recovering from flu blood in mucus need to be concerned
- Ovary cyst removal surgery
- Herbal medicine for asthma
- Effects of prostate cancer
- Femilon to remove cyst in ovary
- Sodium chloride oral solution
- Taking diuretic replacing potassium level losing fluids suggestion
- Have cyst in ovary should i remove ovary
- Co-codamol 500mg side effects
- Abdominal pain and nausea on eating certain foods
- Cyst on right ovary removal