Had removal of cyst from ovary. When can I have sex?
User rating for this question
After having surgery to remove a cyst on my ovary about 6cm big that had been mointered for a year,how long should I wait to be stimulated sexualy?
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Approx one month Detailed Answer: Hi, The literature does not put any limitation for sexual intercourse or stimulation post surgery. However as surgeons recommend one month to six weeks to resume the sexual intercourse after laparoscopy. If there is laparoscopic procedure they would put 'sound' probe via cervix into the womb, this might stretch the cervix and it takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal completely. So any surplus friction or injury via intercourse may bleed or hinder the healing. If it was an open surgery there is no restriction you can resume after 15 days or whenever you feel like. Hope this helps.
People also viewed
- What causes prolonged dark coloured spot on hand
- Removal of ovaries due to cysts
- Does b12 level of 283 indicate any abnormality
- Can oyster food poisoning affect a growing embryo
- Ovary cyst removal surgery
- Moveable lump in right abdomen
- Femilon to remove cyst in ovary
- What is the treatment for dandruf
- What causes recurrent lesions on penis shaft
- Sharp pain in lower abdomen when sneezing
- Have cyst in ovary should i remove ovary
- Throb in lower right abdomen
- Spinning sensation in lower abdomen
- Pain lower right abdomen whwn walking
- Cyst on right ovary removal