Had removal of bartholin's cyst. Will I have a normal sex life after three weeks?

May 2013
I recently had surgery for the remoal of a bartghloin cyst almost a week ago. My doc told to wait 2 to 3 weeks before i have sex again, but I keep reading terrible stories that wome women sex life changes afterwards . Will I get back to normal when 3 weeks are up?
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

bartholin's gland lies near the vaginal opening its secretion helps in lubrication during intercourse,
the duct of the gland can get injured during delivery leading to blockade of duct causing cyst formation,

this cyst or if infected forming abscess, both these can cause difficulty in intercourse by being near vaginal opening,

so as you undergone surgery,
-the obstruction gets relieved so discomfort decreases,
-future chance of abscess formation can be prevented,
-by maintaining abstinence for 2 to 3 weeks the wound of the surgery can be totally cured,
-as in the surgery there will be no alterations made in vaginal opening usually you will not have any problem in intercourse.

so after 3 weeks once consult your doctor again and confirm the complete healing then you can continue sexual life as usual.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.