Had remote sex, pregnancy test negative. Ultrasound showed to have bulky uterus, given sysron for periods. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Hi sir,
My name is XXXXXXX and i have remote sex with my boyfriend .i have test the pregnancy test by peganews and it is three time negative and then we went for doctor for consult and Dr. was tested me by under UV test and it is also negative but Dr said you have bulky uetrus ..also my periods are not come as dr given me the sysron tablets for 3 days but till now no periods I am worried for that.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 33 minutes later
Please mention the dates of your periods, also kindly upload the ultrasound report, as that would help me to assist you better.
If you have a bulky uterus, that means nothing unless you have symptoms such as heavy bleeding, pain in the abdomen etc.
If the pregnancy tests are negative, do not worry.
Sometimes, there is mild hormonal imbalance, and after Sysron you would have a withdrawal bleeding.
Please let me know how many tablets you have taken and when did you stop the Sysron.
Sometimes, you have to wait upto 7 days after stopping Sysron, to have a period.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Follow-up: Had remote sex, pregnancy test negative. Ultrasound showed to have bulky uterus, given sysron for periods. Suggest? 19 minutes later
Dear Mam,

The ultra sonic report is not with me ..because the doctor just saw on the monitor and doctor said you have the bulky uterus .I stopped sysron on the 4th aug 2013 after 9 tablets. I am worried about the term bulky uterus and my periods with is any wrong with me.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 17 minutes later
Hi again

Bulky uterus does not mean anything specific.
It could indicate thickening of the wall of the uterus - symptoms would be heavy menstrual bleeding with clots, extreme pain in the lower abdomen etc.
Periods could be delayed due to stress, anxiety, hormonal imbalance etc.
If you have stopped Sysron on 4th of August, wait for a week more, that is, till 11th of August for your periods.

Follow-up: Had remote sex, pregnancy test negative. Ultrasound showed to have bulky uterus, given sysron for periods. Suggest? 6 minutes later
Hie,
Bulky uterus means it is not sign of pregnancy .if this periods are not come till 11th aug so please suggest me what I do for next.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 40 minutes later
A bulky uterus is not a sign of pregnancy.
If you do not bleed till 11th of August, then consult a gynecologist again for further evaluation -
Pelvic transvaginal ultrasound
TSH
Basic hormonal tests
The treatment ahead would be planned accordingly.

Follow-up: Had remote sex, pregnancy test negative. Ultrasound showed to have bulky uterus, given sysron for periods. Suggest? 2 days later
Dear madam,
As we discussed before two days ago ,last period was on 13th XXXXXXX I still don't have my period.
Actually I didn't have sexual intercourse but my vagina got rubbed.
Around 25th - 29th I found some whitish fluid discharge and itching.
I had 3 urine test which were negative and in abdominal UV test there nothing is found.
I had taken Sysron N 5 mg (9 pills ) From 1st - 3rd august. Today is 11 th aug still I don't have period .
From 2-3 days I am having little backache at lower side.
Yesterday and in july month, I had 2-3 drops discharge water from my vagina. From 31 st July, I had lower abdominal pain some times.also feels like movement around vagina sometimes.

Mam I want to know
1. can there be an ectopic preganancy as i heard such a term? can urine test detect it as I got negative.wht to do?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 hours later
Hi
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected both by ultrasound, and by urine test.
If they are both normal, then do not worry.
Please have investigations for irregular cycles in the form of tests that i advised earlier -
TSH
Basic hormonal tests
Transvaginal ultrasound scan.
Also, have a proper gynecological examination for any pelvic infection.

Follow-up: Had remote sex, pregnancy test negative. Ultrasound showed to have bulky uterus, given sysron for periods. Suggest? 9 days later
Dear Mam,
As per doctor's prescription I had taken sysron n 5 mg for 3 days (9 pills) and I got periods on the 11th day from which I have started to take pills.So there is any chances of pregnancy? And on 5th day I go through the external pelvis USG to check the reason for irregular periods ,then in USG report it found that overies r bulky uterus? whats this tern how it is treatable ? and I am filling waste size increase. Is any chance of pregnancy.Please guide me for the same.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy chances are nil

Detailed Answer:
As you have got your periods, there is no chance of pregnancy.

Please go for a transvaginal pelvic ultrasound, that will give more details.
In absence of symptoms, do not worry about a bulky uterus or ovaries.
They are non specific findings.

Regarding your weight gain, it is advisable to follow a strict diet and exercise regiment to lose weight.

Follow-up: Had remote sex, pregnancy test negative. Ultrasound showed to have bulky uterus, given sysron for periods. Suggest? 6 days later
Dear mam,

I have my periods on 13th jun then having physical relation (between 8th july -12 july)then I had taken urine test on 24 th july ,31 st july are negative,then as per Doctor I have taken sysron n 5 mg on 1-3 aug an my periods are came on 13th aug but more clots and had 5 days periods,then on 5th days period had external pelvic sonography in that ovarian cyst bulky uterus,then I had blood test like thyroids test ,HB wbc,rbc are normal but today had pro lactic serum CMIA test and the result shows 23.15 and it is observed level.Bur last 4-5 days I can not eating and feeling like vomiting but no vmoiting and taking little meal.So what is the reason .Is I am really pregnant .or any chance of pregnancy.Please guide me .

Brief Answer:
Its not pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

As you have already had your period, and the ultrasound scan is normal, there is NO CHANCE of pregnancy.

Regarding the nausea and vomiting, it could be mild seasonal flu or gastroenteritis.
If you have a lot of anxiety about the pregnancy possibility, please have a repeat transvaginal ultrasound.

That will give you correct details.

Please do not worry.