Had regular periods. Facing delay in periods and had taken i-pill. Suggest the solution?

Question
I am 26.i got married in January 2013. my periods were always a 28-29 or maximum 30 day cycle.but from december 2012 I don't know why it has become a little irregular. Now my last period was on 3rd July. I took an i-pill on 12 or 13 th July. then my period came on 18th July for almost a 5 days duration as usual. now till today I did not get my period.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy cannot be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

As you had your regular period on 3rd July and taken an emergency pill on 12th July, so I wont consider your 18th July bleeding as normal, it could be IMPLANTATION bleeding because of pregnancy. So to be sure you can get a urine pregnancy test done.

Some time post marriage due to stress there will be some amount of irregularity, you cannot take I-pill or any other emergency contraception on a regular basis, because that can affect your periods and future fertility.

You can consider taking Oral contraceptive pills or get a copper T or at least use barrier methods like condom to prevent pregnancy.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Had regular periods. Facing delay in periods and had taken i-pill. Suggest the solution? 20 hours later
Thank you doctor for your answer.
Sir, I have taken that pill within 12 hours. and that 18 th July to 23rd July bleeding was like my normal menstruation with it's regular courses as I am familiar with. that was the first time I had taken a pill. if it was an implantation bleeding then what measures can i take now to prevent pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
urine pregnancy test will rule out your doubt

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

To rule out pregnancy you can get a Urine pregnancy test done, if that is negative consider your bleeding on 18th July as your normal period.

If the pregnancy test comes as positive you need to get a scan done to locate the pregnancy.

If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW