Ask a Urologist   »  

Had red bump after unprotected sex. Noticed smegma build up. STD test negative. What else is it?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
Hi, I had unprotected sex about a month ago and the next day I noticed some red bump on the head of my penis. I took no mind because it has happened before where they were from friction. A week afterwards I started to notice a lot of smegma build up and made me concerned. It was more than usual and on a constant basis. The red bumps have not gone away and are sometimes a little itchy but not really and nothing I would say as abnormal. I had a 10 panel std test done and it all came back negative to include herpes 1 & 2, chlamydia and gonorrhea. My question is what else can this be? The girl I had sex with was a one night stand and I did no notice anything XXXXXXX with her ie smell or taste. I also had oral sex and don't know what to look for in my throat. Any advice would be grateful. Thank you guys for what you do!
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is due to infection of glans (Ballanitis) Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts and photographs that you have posted it appears that you have developed bumps on glans of your penis after unprotected oral and intra vaginal sex. It is due to bacterial infection of the glans of your penis .The excessive smegma is due to excessive secretions of the mucus by mucosal glands located in glans of the penis, Since all the basic tests fir STD are normal you should not get worried at all. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily . Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily. This will get cured within a week. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Had red bump after unprotected sex. Noticed smegma build up. STD test negative. What else is it? 1 hour later
Can I spread this to someone else orally or through sex? Thank you for reply.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes you can transmit the infection . Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Since it is mostly a bacterial infection you can transmit it to other person by either oral or intra-vaginal sex. Please refrain from sexual activities till it gets cured completely. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Can this bacteria be passed by sharing drinks or coughing in some one? I have nieces and nephew that are very young. Also, will a single dose of medicine work as well? Like a powder dose used to cure chlamydia or other infections? Since I don't have health insurance I want to find the most cheapest and effective way to cure myself. If the single dose is possible what would you recommend and how can I get it? Thanks again!

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is no single dose nedications. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. This can not be transmitted by coughing or sharing drinks with some one . There is no medicine that can be prescribed as a single dose. The medicine that I have suggested are quite cheap .and economical. Thanks and Regards, Dr.Patil.