Had recurrent vaginal candidiasis. Vaginal swab culture showed klebsiella oxytoca. Do I need antibiotics to cure this?

I had recurrent vaginal candidiasis for which I took one month course of fluconazole weekly.vaginal swab culture done as there was still itching and burning came as klebsiella oxytocin .there was no growth of candida. I had 2 miscarriages already and trying to conceive.i m taking floreva probiotic I need antibiotic to cure this klebsiella infection and if I did , will candida recur.
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer: you should get investigations and antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome to health care magic. The Candida infection has been sufficiently treated with fluconazole but growth of Klebsiella oxytoca is ominous. It is a very resistant kind of microorganism that is mostly treated with injectable antibiotics of highest generation. You will need fluconazole for 2 weeks more to prevent recurrence and antibiotics for Kleb. Oxytoca under care of a local physician. The antibiotics mostly effective against Klebsiella oxytoca are beta-lactum and beta lactamase combination, cephalosporin, aminoglycosides or quinolones. Your physician will know the regimen Please get a urine routine and culture/sensitivity, Complete blood count and Renal function test sampling before you start the antibiotics and antifungal medication. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.