Had recent stroke. Seeing small black dots in line of vision. Related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I recently had a mild stroke and last week I have started seeing small black dots in my line of vision. Is this related or have I had another stroke
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Seeing small black dots in the vision is suggestive of a stroke. If these dots were not present when you had stroke last time, then this is likely to be due another stroke.
You need to get yourself examined by a physician for any other neurological deficits.
This problem needs an immediate medical attention and investigations like CT scan and MRI are entailed. I encourage you to consult a physician or a neurologist who can guide you through the tests. You can also attend to an ER for early diagnosis and treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.