Had rashes and ulcers on penis. Taking antibiotics for throat infection. Suggestions

Exposure by touch of hand having vaginal fluid on broken skin of pennis???

by XXXXXX, May 05, 2013
3 month negative....exposure by vaginal fluid on to pennis..
i had protected sex with csw in kolkata on 25 nov 2012...i had rashes becuase of non maintainence of personal hygeine on my pennis.after ejaculation i took off the condom and wid the same hand i touched(try to wipe th e semen but in this put vaginal fluid on pennis) pink part of pennis(tip of pennis) and foreskin was back which i also put forward so vaginal fluid was trapped between pink part and foreskin...forskin was really damaged ( this happened almost after after 30-35 sec of removing condom)...then after 3months i tested neg with hiv sd bioline kit... but after8 days i had ulcers on my pennis and 1 month after sex i had severe fatigue in hands and arms..rashes on my chest which remain there for 2 months and during these 3 months i took 3 times antibiotics for acute throat infection... after that after 140 days tested negative with it possible due to antibioticsroat or viral infections (sore throat) my immune system be suppressed and test could not detect you recommend further testing at 6 months and what kind of test??? pl help
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 34 minutes later
Thanks for posting query to this forum,

I have gone through your history in detail, you have potential high risk exposure for sexually transmitted disease, you have tested negative for HIV.

You are worried about only HIV but there are other sexually transmitted diseases.
Your history suggests strong possibility of Syphilis indicated by ulcer on penis and later on rash all over body.

You should be tested for sexually transmitted diseases (STD) by VDRL test and for this purpose, you should visit a Dermatologist.

The good part is if it is Syphilis it is treatable by suitable drugs.
Please consult a Dermatologist as soon as possible and take full treatment and for your safety please also repeat HIV test to be sure it is still negative.

Please practice safe sex in future.
Hope this information helps and if you have any more doubts please ask follow up queries.
I will be available for clarification.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Had rashes and ulcers on penis. Taking antibiotics for throat infection. Suggestions 2 hours later

I have already done that using VDRL....that also tested negative at 4.5 month XXXXXXX and also done HCV testing which was also negative....and for HIV...tested negative at 90 days (Using HIV SD bioline kit) then again negative at 133 days (using Tri dot test) then again tested negative at 140 days(using elisa)...
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 29 minutes later
Thanks for follow up,

Your history is strongly suggestive of this type of disease (Syphilis).
Please consult a Dermatologist and go for confirmatory test known as Treponema pallidum haemagglutination (TPHA) to be sure that it is not missed. This is disease which can be treated by simple antibiotics.

Your Elisa is negative for HIV it is 3rd generation and if there are no more risky exposures it almost rule out HIV. viral infection do not suppress immunity to prevent immune response.Please do not worry.

If you are worried too much then go for Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) detects the genetic material of HIV, instead of the antibodies in blood.

Hope this helps you and please inform about progress once you consult and get TPHA test. I will be available for clarification
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Had rashes and ulcers on penis. Taking antibiotics for throat infection. Suggestions 43 hours later
Hi doctor,

My hiv test report at enclosed (at 167 days) is enclosed. is it conclusive.
i have also get done TPHA test..... report will come shortly.

Thanks for your follow up,

This is good that your HIV report is negative, so please do not worry about the HIV, this is sufficient time to have a immune response and cover window period.

Please inform me report of TPHA as it comes, future action depends on the test result.

I think your anxiety is much less now, please keep me informed about progress.

I will be available for clarification.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.