Had rapid weight gain. Reason?

Hii Doc,

How are you?
AGE 25
This is regarding my rapid increase in weight since 2 years.
In the Year 2010 september my weight was 61 KG.
I got married recently in the month of Decemner 2012 (79KG).
Now i ve increased to 84 KG.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 44 minutes later

Few health issues can cause rapid increase in body weight and so you might need investigations to get this checked.

Few common causes for rapid weight gain with no other obvious symptoms are diabetes, thyroid issues,adrenal issues,medicaitons ,depression, stress and hormonal imbalance.

A clinical evaluation and blood investigations can help to understand if there are any such causes of weight gain.After that an appropriate treatment can be suggested.

Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.