Ask a Urologist   »  

Had radiotherapy during which foreskin got burned. Part of foreskin stuck to penis after healing. No discomfort. Any suggestion

i had radiotherpy for anal cancer during which my foreskin got burned after it all healed i find a part of my foreskin has stuck to my penus head there is a mall white patch of skin , i have no discomfort
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

Extensive radiation has a potential to cause excessive scarring and fibrosis of the skin around the area that is treated, hence new treatment is very focused against the cancer area.

If you do not have any discomfort during erection or masturbation or intercourse then you should just leave it without any therapy.

If you have problem with the foreskin while erection or intercourse a small surgical incision by the surgeon can release and make the skin freely movable over the head of the penis. It is a 5 minute procedure done in the doctor's office. I think you should get that done.

Let me know if you require any further assistance. You can close the discussion and rate my answer.