Had radiation, upper vaginectomy and chemotherapy and radical vulvectomy for VIN. Have risk of HPV?

Dec 2012

I had radiation, upper vaginectomy and chemotherapy (2002) and radical vulvectomy for VIN I, II, III in Feb 2013. I now have ASCUS and high risk HPV. Do I have less of a capability to fight off HPV given my history?
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for posting on your query,

I will be straight forward with my answer regarding your question.
Yes, given your past medical history, it is possible that you will be able to fight HPV less as your immune system will most likely be deteriorated given the radiation/chemotherapies plus the fact that you had cancer.
The unfortunate thing is, there is no curable approaches to treating HPV.

Hope that you have a better health and wish you the best.

Dr. Bernard