Had pulmonary sarcoidosis. CT scan venogram with iv contrast material. Chances of effecting kidney?

dear doctor i have some questions about sarcoidosis usually lungs are involved but in some patients kidneys are involved too.

if a patient has mild to moderate pulmonary sarcoidosis but no renal involvement and renal functions are normal.can CT VENOGRAM with IV CONTRAST MATERIAL can activate or trigger sarcoidosis in kidneys of that patient?

plz take your time.consult your XXXXXXX doctors or colleagues.i am not in any hurry. i can wait for your answer.
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 6 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX

After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1. In a case of Pulmonary involvement with sarcoidosis , without any renal involvement and normal renal function test, IV contrast can be administered.

2. In presence of a normal renal function the iv contrast will have no difficulty in its excretion from the body. However an iso-osmolar contrast agent such as Visipaque® can be used if renal involvement is doubtful.

IV contrast is currently not contraindicated in sarcoidosis without renal involvement.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra