Had psoriasis and have patches on hairline, scalp, arms and legs. No help from steroids. Suggest?

Dear Doctor,
I had psoriasis for 7 years and it seems that i need to apply cream that contains steriod to supress it. It will not stop. It can be itchy and sometimes hurt when it crack. I have patches on my hair line, scalp, shoulder, arms and legs. Small patches not large patches. Doctor, do you have some kind of cure for it?

Thanks and Best regards.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Methotrexate. Psoralens

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query. Its true that psoriasis cannot be totally cured.
However definitely it can be kept under control.
As you mentioned you develop even cracks in skin, only topical steroid is not going to help you. There are lesions all over your body hence a course of oral steroids will be good. Another good option is methotrexate tablets orally and topical application of psoralens. These drugs are very good and give long lasting relief. These are prescription drugs and you need to XXXXXXX a dermatologist. Please XXXXXXX your doctor and discuss regarding the above drugs. Let me know if you have any other doubt. Thank you