Had protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex. Am I at the risk of HIV?

Jul 2012

y I had a sex with girl who i know nothing a bout her history, but it was protected vaginal and candom broke and it just took a few seconds to replace it and unprotected oral with some warm lips kisses , is that high high risk ??
now i'm at 26th days after that possible exposure , and im planning to take the pcr test on Monday which is going to be 33th after exposure ? now if i got the result negative( I pray for that) does it mean im free from hiv is it reliable and accurate ?
do u recommend me to get another test instead of pcr cuz in this time as I read I can take Elisa after 4 weeks , all I want is the best and the most accurate test I could take ?

Thank you so much in advance Doc
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there.
Yes the PCR test is reliable & as accurate as you can hope for.
No need for any further tests.
If you still have contact with the girl, youmay do a background check on her...most employment agencies nowadays make it a requisite to check for HIV esp if going abroad & if she has had a recent job, more likely than not, this has been done.
Your risk history assuming all mucuous membranes were intact is very small as there is no admixture of blood or blood products. So relax & all will be well when you get the test result!
Do make sure you practice safe sex in the future & stick with a known partner..all the best!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD