Had protected vaginal sex and unprotected anal sex. Any chances of pregnancy?

Mar 2016

Hi. After vaginal sex with a condom and without ejaculation, my girlfriend and I had anal sex without a condom and using a lot of KY (ok, STDs was not a concern at that moment) and I ejaculated inside the anus. Some semen must have leaked I guess. She didn't wipe it immediatly. Next moment she went to the toilet and then to the shower. Can't say how carefully she was with her hands, water, soap... Considering 24h later she felt an aching like ovulation. How about the odds to get pregnant this way? She stopped the pills 1 month before. Too late for plan B... Thanks
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve this problem.

Before giving answer to your query, I need some information to assist you better.
These are as follows:

1) What was her last menstrual period date (LMP)?
2) What was the pattern of her previous cycles? Is it regular?
3) When did you involve in anal sex in relation to her menstrual cycle?

Please response as early as possible. Waiting for your reply.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Had protected vaginal sex and unprotected anal sex. Any chances of pregnancy? 6 hours later
1 and 2) Sorry I don't have the record of her LMP, and she was taking pills before this.
3) Please consider the most fertile scenario, as if we were engaged 1 day before ovulation. She told me later, felt an aching that could be ovulation pain.

I'm worryed about sperm outside the vagina, when she went to the shower
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Thanks for your response.

In this circumstances, she may become pregnant and has to wait for next coming period to be sure.

If she does not get her period in time, she may need to undergo one home pregnancy test after 7 days. Blood test for beta-HCG & ultrasound scan may be required to confirm the pregnancy.

Following test reports, you need to consult with her gynecologist for next line of management.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health and practice protected sex with condom/ other contraceptive method.

Dr Soumen