Had protected sex with latex condom, vaginal itching, no discharge or soreness, white smearing. What to do with it?

Infertility Specialist
Hi, recently (around a week before) me and my gf had protected sex. We used a latex free condom. Now she is feeling itchy at her vagina. Although there is no discharge or sore, but she can see very small amount of white smear. Can you please suggest what to do with it?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply:

1) The itchy vagina has nothing to do with latex free condoms. It is probably due to the infection contracted.

2) The white discharge and itchy vagina are probably indicative of fubgal infection.

3) I suggest you see a gynecologist for taking the white discharge for culture & sensitivity test.

4) After getting report you can start her on the suitable creams & tablets which will be prescribed by your doctor.

5) Let me reassure you that this is a minor infection and will go away soon.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: Had protected sex with latex condom, vaginal itching, no discharge or soreness, white smearing. What to do with it? 20 hours later
This is his gf.I am aged 23 and around 11th August we had(protected) sex for the first time(it was the first time for both of us).We used a latex condom and a polyisoprene condom We also used a lubricant named LOX2% jelly.I also took an ipill after that. About 3-4 days back I developed a mild irritation around my vagina which has now turned into an itch. I also get a burning sensation while urinating.The irritation gets bad when I go to bed. There's no smelly discharge just the regular accompanied by vaginal dryness. Could you please prescribe some OTC medication .
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Hi, thanks for writing back. I understood what you are saying. The above advice holds good. Since you have become sexually active recently, you are likely to be suffering from fungal infection (itching). Hence I advice you follow the above instructions. As a matter of policy of this forum in health care magic, we are not allowed to prescribe any drugs including OTC drugs. Hence i advice you to see a doctor in person for prescription. Wish you good health, Dr. Mahesh Koregol