Had protected sex using condoms. Bloating, irritation and heaviness. White discharge from vagina. Chances of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016
Excellent

OBGYN
Question
My fiancee and me had fully protected sex using condoms on 14th sept ,22nd of August. her period date on july is 13th , august on 16th and 14th September was her last period date. well today is 19th n she is not getting her period but got symptoms like bloating irritation angryness heaviness .which is her generally before period sign. today she discharged white something from vagina. another challenging situation is that she travels through different time zone n around the globe whole of the month. we are scared as we didnt wanna a baby now as we need to plan. what are chances of getting pregnant and when her expected period and travels a lot by flight. I am just damn scared n she dont reside here also. can you please help.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. S Patra 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
PREGNANCY IS EXTREMELY RARE. DON'T WORRY.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic.

From above sexual activity, her chance of getting pregnant is extremely rare due to

1) She got her regular period on 14th September after 1st sexual encounter on 22nd August.

2) You did 2nd time protected sex with condom on her period due date (14th September) which was mostly safe period.

Therefore, you wouldn’t be worried about that. Period date may be delayed for 7 days due to hormonal imbalance and associated mental stress.

Now, she is also getting Premenstrual Symptoms (PMS) like bloating, heaviness, irritation etc which indicate that she will get her period shortly. White discharge is quite common in some women prior to commencement of period and it occurs mostly due to progesterone hormone with late period.

In this scenario, she has two options. These are:

1) She can undergo one home pregnancy test to exclude rare possibility and clear all doubts. After that, she can wait another one week to get her period naturally as PMS is undergoing.

In addition, she must take balanced diet, drink more fluid or water, avoid mental stress, keep bowel habit regular and take sound sleep. This will help to hasten her period.

2) If she does not get her period after waiting one week, progesterone pill (like norethisterone etc) is required to take for inducing her period. In such case, you have to consult with her local doctor for a complete prescription.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future also.

Dr Soumen
For future query, you can directly approach me through
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Had protected sex using condoms. Bloating, irritation and heaviness. White discharge from vagina. Chances of pregnancy? 5 minutes later
Sorry doctor there Iit was typingberror it will 22nd septamber and we also had peotected sex on 8th october with condoms and we checked Iit was not leaked or damaged. I m just scared. Can you please advice.

Her dates

9th XXXXXXX
13th july
16th August
14th september

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
RARE CHANCE OF PREGNANCY. FOLLOW EARLIER ADVICES.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

According to previous period dates, I can assume that her duration of cycle is 28 to 34 days.

In this month, her expected due date was in between 11th to 17th October as per calculation. Her ovulation date was within 28th Sept to 3rd October.

You did protected sex on 22nd Sept and 8th Oct which were extremely safe period and you are also sure that condom was not leaked or damage.

Herein, chance of pregnancy is extremely rare in my point of view. Just follow my suggestive measures (option 1 & 2) as mentioned in my earlier text.

Hope, I have guided you properly. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion.

All the best. Good luck.

Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Had protected sex using condoms. Bloating, irritation and heaviness. White discharge from vagina. Chances of pregnancy? 28 hours later
hi doctor,

Thanks, she got her periods from yerterday evening but she is getting severe pain and heavy bleeding though she always experience good flow. Can you advice. also if you could guide about the foods it will b great

Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for additional query.

1) Painful heavy bleeding for first 1-3 days is quite common among most women. It is called DYSMENORRHEA and mostly spasmodic type. However, it would be a good thinking if she can undergo one ultrasound scan to rule out exact causes (if any) of this type of problem.

With above circumstance, I treat my patient with combined TRANEXAMIC ACID and MEFENAMIC ACID (like TRAPIC-MF) for 2-3 days. It is taken with antacid like Ranitidine etc. Hope, it will be benefited for her.

2) In addition, she can take this food stuff like broccoli, fennel seeds, salmon fish (rich in vitamin D & calcium), green vegetables (like spinach, brinjal etc), fish or fish oil (rich in omega-3 fatty acid), almonds, sesame seeds, yoghurt dairy product, soy milk, boiled egg, red or black grapes, tofu or paneer etc. These are quite helpful to get regular period.

Iron supplements are to be taken along with those to combat anemia. She must drink plenty of water (2.5-3 lit/ day), avoid salty and fatty foods in 2nd half of cycle, avoid mental stress and keep bowel habit regular.

Hope, it will be helpful for her. Kindly, close the discussion.

Dr Soumen