Had protected sex, getting pink color discharge instead of period. Am I pregnant?

So month of february I didn't have my period I had protected sex on february 13 was supppost to get my period on the 20th this month I had protected sex on the 3rd on the 9th at night getting to go to bed i went to pee i wiped saw a tiny pink dot didnt think much of it tought i was going to start period. Next morning on the 10th I went to pee wiped and it was brown like when your on your very last day of your period went out to eat drank margaritas went to pee again n saw it was gone so I tought oh the liquor stopped it as it has done that before well later on that night nothn next morning that brown blood when I wipe only appeared again n now its yhe second day and its still just that brown stuff only when I wipe
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 19 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

So to summarize:
1. You are 21 years old
2. You are sexually active (assuming you use condoms)
3. You apparently did not have a period in the month of February
4. You had protected sex on 2/13, 3/3 and 3/9
5. You are noticing some abnormal spotting / brownish discharge
6. You still have not gotten your period

Well, you imply that there might be some irregularity in terms of your cycles. This can lead to skipped or late periods as well as abnormal breakthrough bleeding. Also, if you did use backup protection, then that combined with irregularity in terms of when you ovulate make the chance of pregnancy extremely small.

Regardless, you need to:
1. Do a urine pregnancy test now and repeat in 2-3 weeks
2. If the current pregnancy test is negative, then you need to talk with your doctor about 'inducing' a period using progesterone
3. You can take advantage of a visit with your doctor to talk about birth control and hormones as a way of regulating your cycle

I hope that this helps. Please ask if you have additional questions.
Follow-up: Had protected sex, getting pink color discharge instead of period. Am I pregnant? 20 minutes later
Yes condoms only im not on the pill nothing like that anf ok also I didn't mention I use that app on the phone when it tells you when your period should be arriving its always accurate well It shows i was suppost to ovulate the same day I started spotting brown I honestly don't know if the ovulating thing is correct or not i have never paid much attention to it. When I missed my period I assumed it was cycle change but now j m not worried but I am a bit confused
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
One thought is this: right around ovulation there is a brief, abrupt drop in estrogen levels that sometimes results in a small amount of breakthrough bleeding. This could be exactly what you experienced if your ovulation app is correct!

So take this as food for thought and consider my prior answer as well. Good luck and please provide feedback!