Had protected sex but had unprotected oral sex. What are the risk?

Hii doctor.. my age is 29. I had a sex with 41 year widow 3 days back.
I used condom for intercourse.
But i sucked her vagina and kissed her.
Are there any risk of sucking a vagina??
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

There are few STDs that can be transmitted through oral sex. Though they can increase chances of transmission, it is not necessary to have an ulcer or wound in the mouth for transmission and can occur without wounds as well. Some diseases that can be transmitted are chlamydia,gonorrhea,herpes and syphilis.Transmission of HIV is extremely rare this way.

The possibility of transmission totally depends on whether your partner is infected and on the infectivity of your partner. Overall the chances of transmission of these diseases are a lot more with actual intercourse than with oral sex.

Window period is different for different disease. 1. Chlamydia This period is usually 2 to 6 weeks. 2.Syphilis The incubation period for Syphilis is usually 10 to 90 days. 3. HIV The window period for HIV is usually 2 weeks to 3 months, but could be up to 6 months.4. The incubation period for Gonorrhea is usually 2 to 7 days.

So if you get any symptoms, it would be ideal to visit doctor for clinical evaluation and get few lab tests done.

Hope this proves helpful.

Follow-up: Had protected sex but had unprotected oral sex. What are the risk? 8 hours later
It was my first time and i just sucked the vagina for 5 to 10 mins.
I did not drink any cum from vagina.
So is it a possibility to catch all these diseases??
What r symtoms and how to avoid it??
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 52 minutes later
Thanks for follow up.

Still it is possible to get these infections.

Symptoms would range from ulcers , mucosal inflammation , sore, rash, macules , blisters, fever, enlarged neck glands etc.

There is no empirical treatment to avoid these symptoms.You can get tested if there are any symptoms and after test results are known an appropriate treatment can be started.

As I mentioned early, chances of getting infection by oral sex are less common.Secondly it is also likely that your partner was not having any infectious disease.

So wait for few days and then get tested if needed.

Follow-up: Had protected sex but had unprotected oral sex. What are the risk? 44 hours later
i have a back pain, sore throat and cold and bit fever.
Is it because of it??
Should i take any treatment?
Or take usual tablets for cold and fever?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 20 hours later
Ideal would be to see doctor to rule out any oral STD.If you are not keen on seeing doctor then give try to regular medicines and if symptoms persist see the doctor.

Oral STDs can also present likely regular common cold infection.

Hope this helps.