Had protected sex and noticed rashes and spots on penile. Developed patches on leg. Can this be HIV infection or psoriasis?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi doctor previously i had protected sex and there are rashes and spots on my penile and after anti fungal cream the patches has cleared or the redish has reduced . Noted that i have currently development some patched on my leg and i have a history of psoraisi . Can this be HIV or it is just psoraisis
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 days later
Brief Answer:
photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello Thanks for the query.
You mentioned that you had a protected intercourse. Hence possibility of hiv can be ruled out.
Also hiv cannot present in just few days.
There are two possibilities
1. Psoriasis of the penis .
2.An allergic reaction.
I would like to see a photograph of the lesions.
This will help me In giving a closer diagnosis.
please upload a photograph.
Waiting for your response.
thank you

Follow-up: Had protected sex and noticed rashes and spots on penile. Developed patches on leg. Can this be HIV infection or psoriasis? 31 hours later
Hi doctor the lesion i have checked with a dermologist and he told me it is due to psoraisis . Recently i felt that my testicals is red and sticky however it doesnt itch. The rashes will reduce as soln i applied the anti fungal cream. Can it be herpes ? Since it has been for two month. I have tested for hiv and siliphis and it came back negative. Hence hiv can be ruled out . I am just worried doctor please help thanks.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
not herpes

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the photograph.
Dont worry its not herpes.
Lesion or herpes are very superficial and water filled.
Its looking like psoriatic lesion only.
Apply a mild steroid like fluticasone, you will get relief.
Jut relax you dont have a STD.
Thank you

Follow-up: Had protected sex and noticed rashes and spots on penile. Developed patches on leg. Can this be HIV infection or psoriasis? 17 minutes later
Hi doctor thank you. However why do i have red testicals and it is sticky. It is not itchy however. Can it be fungal ? Can i leave it alone and change the way i eat and hygine and see how it goes after that?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
please follow the following

Detailed Answer:
Hello
see testicles are due to peeling of skin which is Common in psoriasis.
it is not fungal but there is a chance of development of fungal infection as the skin is peeled off.
Better apply a mild steroid cream in night and an anti fungal powder in day.
yes Hygiene is very important.
you can do normal Saline compress.
Thank you