Had protected sex. Pregnancy test negative. Why am I getting stomach cramps?

am i pregnant? hey im 16 and i was having cramps before my period and thought i was pregnant... i have had protected sex and i took two test before my period and it came back negative my period came on and stayed on for 6 days now im still cramping am i pregnant i also cannot use the bathroom
Posted Wed, 5 Dec 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

You are not pregnant as you had your periods.

Please let me know the date of your last menstrual period so that I can comment specifically.

By all means, if someone gets a period, that totally rules out pregnancy. So there you are, not pregnant.

If you have unprotected sexual intercourse after you have your periods i.e. on your fertile days, the chances of getting pregnant are high. As of now, you are not pregnant.

The cramps and inability to use the bathroom could be due to a pelvic inflammatory disease or just a normal variant. Consume plenty of water. You could get a urine routine done to check for urinary infection, if any.

Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Had protected sex. Pregnancy test negative. Why am I getting stomach cramps? 17 hours later
november 5 was my last period date.. i had sex October 15 could i tell if i was by now?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

Thanks for writing the details.

No, I can tell you for sure that you were not pregnant since after your last sexual intercourse, you did have your periods on Nov 5.

So, you were not pregnant. Practice safe sex if you do not wish to conceive now and also to prevent the STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases).

Hope this clarifies.

All the best to you.