Had protected sex. Noticed spotting when wiping after urinating. Worrisome

I had protected sex 2 days I have these little brown flakes when I wipe after urinating. What could it be??..
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 33 minutes later

You did not say if you are on any other contraception (you did not say what type of protection you used), if you have regular cycles and when you had your last period. The brown flakes could be originating either from the urethra or from the vagina. If from the urethra, you could be having a urethritis and that would you give some symptoms like strangury and burning. If they are from the vagina, you should exclude local causes like vaginitis, cervicitis, cervical erosions, polyps etc. as well as some breakthrough bleeding due to hormonal disturbance. An implantation bleed would not show up as brown flakes as it is a fresh bleed and is seen about 10 days after conception. You would need to see a specialist for a proper appraisal of the situation.

I will be able to make further comments if you can furnish me the information I requested.

Hope I have answered your query. Please get back if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.