Had protected sex. Noticed red spots on penis. Does it mean Herpes?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
About week ago I had sex with my girlfriend for the first time and used a condom. About three days later I noticed some red spots on my penis. I will attach a photo. Does this look like herpes? There is no pain at all and no itching
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is allergic reaction to condom. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts and photographs that you have posted it appears that you have developed Ballanitis due to allergic reaction to chemicals used in condom. It is definitely not Herpes infection . Please wash your genitals with warm water and apply topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily .It will also have soothing effect. It should get cured within a week. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Had protected sex. Noticed red spots on penis. Does it mean Herpes? 1 hour later
Is savlon okay to use on the area? And should I use non latex condoms from now on?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can use Betadine . Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up .Use Betadine instead of savlon.You can use Latex condom . Thanks and regards. Dr.Patil.