Had protected sex. Noticed itchy red lines behind knees. Any chances of STD?

Sep 2012

I am traveling in Tokyo for 2 weeks. I had protected sex with a hooker a few days ago and a hand job from one last night. Today I have noticed itchy red lines behind both knees. I generally have very badly and have been walking a lot in Japan. With this in mind is there any chance I now have an STD or is it too soon for any? My genital area is red but this is pretty standard from my chafing (or is it??) thanks
Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, sexually transmitted disease is transmitted through unprotected sex. Contact in mucous membrane is essential in its course of transmission.

As you have a protected sex, there is very little chance of transmission. Handjob is not the way for transmission. So, I assure you that there is very little chance of sexually transmitted disease.

Now, from your description, the lesion sounds like an allergic reaction. I think for a better interpretation, a close clinical examination is required. Because, its diagnosis is totally dependent on clinical examination. You can consult any general physician for this matter.

Look, redness in the genital is not the criteria for the diagnosis of Sexually transmitted diseases. Any swelling, secretion, pain / itching sensation is the points which raises suspicion of sexually transmitted disease.

For present condition, you just take cetirizine 10 mg at bed time. For clinical examination and for further management consult with general physician.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.