Had protected sex. No morning erections after that. Anything wrong?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi doctor,i am from bangalore.i had been to pattaya last week.i was virgin till then.i had a sex with a call girl using a condom.but still i am getting scared.i am feeling very unconfortable from the time i had sex.i am not gettin any morning erections.i watched porn and even porn doesnt help me get errection..please help me.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry it is normal reaction.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for potiosng your query to XXXXXXX

After reading your query with diligence, I can understand that you are passing through the acute reactionary phase after that incidence.

This completely normal of the feeling which is very commonly and generally seen after this type of event.

There are two reasons for the same: the one is the feeling of hidden guilt in yourself as it happened for the first time and that too with a call girl. Secondly the fear of any type of sexually transmitted infection in any of the rare instance revolving in the back of your mind.

Dear young fellow, we very quite often see this kind of situation in young men like you. This remains for around 2-4 weeks of the period or sometimes longer too if the things continue to revolve in your mind.

This all produces a type of stress because of which you are feeling uncomfortable and even not getting erection too.

Let me first reassure you that this is totally normal and nothing is wrong with yourself. Stop thinking about the incidence, it is normal phenomenon to have sex at the place you visited. As you were virgin before that so there was an urge to have sex. This was very very wise of you that you used protection at that time. Condoms are the best way of protection from any type of Sexually transmitted infections including HIV too. So you are out of any type of danger too!!

Stop thinking of sex for about a week or two. Do not think of that incidence also. Keep yourself busy and read or watch some motivating or any good materiel of your interest except porn.

You will be totally alright in next couple of weeks.

I hope you are relaxed now. If you have any more queries I will be happy to help.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD- Dermatology and Sexually transmitted diseases

Follow-up: Had protected sex. No morning erections after that. Anything wrong? 43 minutes later
thanks a lot doctor.But my friends told something about herpis which made me more scared..

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not fear...your doctor is here...professionally

Detailed Answer:
Hello young man,

So I got it correctly that you have bit of scarcity regarding some Sexually transmitted disease and now specifically to herpes.

None of your friend is master in sexually transmitted diseases except myself. So I first and foremost like to tell you that whatever your friends are telling is not true. With due regards to your friends, the information given by your friends is incorrect on any of the grounds.

Medically, as you used condom so it gives almost 100% protection to all types of STDs. In my clinical practice of last 15 years I have never seen anybody acquiring any STD despite using condoms. So rest assured about the possibility of any type of problem including HIV too. Your status is totally clean.

I hope my professional suggestion relieves your tensions. If you have any more doubts you are most welcome in future too or if you do not then can close the discussion and rate the answer.

With good health wishes,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Follow-up: Had protected sex. No morning erections after that. Anything wrong? 4 hours later
thanks a lot doctor.feeling much better after your reply.but there is still a slight fear.i hope i get out of it:-)

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Enjoy your sunday!!!

Detailed Answer:
Hi young man,

This is really great that you are finally relaxed after my professional suggestions and opinion. The slight fear is also a normal feeling which will always warn us to use the best of protection in future!!!

So get to the work and enjoy your Sunday at the best!!! If

If you have any more queries you are most welcome for the same or if you do not then can close the discussion and rate the answer.

With good health wishes,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Follow-up: Had protected sex. No morning erections after that. Anything wrong? 1 hour later
Hi doctor,one last small question..how long will it take to get the errection..?

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You will regain normal function soon

Detailed Answer:

It will all depend on the status of your stress in the mind. As all the matter of erection is basically controlled by our mental status, so as soon as you are free of your stress you will be have the best of regain to normal body functions including proper erection.

I suggest you to stop thinking of sex for 2 weeks and the incidence too so that you can come out of the problem at the earliest.

With best wishes,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Follow-up: Had protected sex. No morning erections after that. Anything wrong? 10 days later
Hi Doctor,

Sorry to bother you so much with my dumb questions.But just want to clear off some doubts from my mind.

I am very thin,43 kgs.
I have this digestion problem from so many years.some kind of bowel syndrome.
I had back and neck ache from some 5 years.
I also get lots of heat boils in my back and also get lot of ulcers in my mouth.
I am also a very lazy type of person who is always sleepy.

After all the things you told me,I was very happy and had forgotten about this.

But I happened to check the symptoms of HIV and learned few things so just wanted to clear off some things.
As I usually have this digestion problem,I am having slight neck pain.no ulcers,but feel the heat in my body(as I am a non veg and a coffee addict).
And after everything I am feeling very sleepy today as if I am drugged or something.

And after all this I am disturbed again,Should i be taking the tension or should I again remove all these things from my mind as i already had all those things before.?

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Delete all the things related to HIV in your mind

Detailed Answer:
Hi young fellow,

You are most welcome to the forum after long time and glad to answer all your queries..

I can understand the rebound of ideas and things going in your mind which compel you to think in the vague direction. I have again gone though your present complaints.

To tell you frankly and boldly these are just over apprehension going in your mind. The recent of symptoms which you told are present in almost 40-50% of young Indian population. Even when I was at your age I was quite leaner than yourself, I suffered a lot of digestion problems even being a medical student and sometimes I still enjoy to be lazy and sleepy. Does that means I am suffering from any serious problem my dear friend!!!

I think you got your answer that all these are normal things which all us have sometimes or other. As with ulcers in mouth - it also depends upon your digestion, stress leel and simple daily routine which makes you prone for mouth ulcers.

For boils, it depends upon the age of person. You are young man of 25 years so it is quite obvious to find such eruptions on back or any other area.

Do search internet, but not for anything related to HIV- please!!!

So be relaxed and remove all the things related to HIV in your mind. I am there to help you any of the ways you want.

With good health wishes,

Dr Sanjay

Follow-up: Had protected sex. No morning erections after that. Anything wrong? 23 minutes later
Hi doctor,

Thanks a lot doctor.

was just scared after reading those symptoms in internet and matching those with problems i already have.

But feeling much better now.

Just wanted to clear all such things from my mind before my bday which is next week:-)

Thanks a lot doctor.

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Have a long, healthy and productive life.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Viggu,

My heartiest wishes for your birthday in advance. Have a long, healthy and productive life.

May God bless you,

Dr Sanjay

Follow-up: Had protected sex. No morning erections after that. Anything wrong? 5 minutes later
hi doctor,

Thanks a lot for the wishes:-)

I will reopen the chat if i have more doubts

good night:-)

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
sweet dreams to my dear young fellow

Detailed Answer:
Good night and sweet dreams to my dear young fellow.

Dr Sanjay