Had protected sex. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What are the chances of pregnancy?

May 2013
I am 35-year-old girl and had intercourse with my fiance on May 30 & then mid XXXXXXX both using condoms as protection. I was due for my periods by XXXXXXX 18, 2012, however, missed that. I did 3 home pregnancy tests using Preganews starting from last week of XXXXXXX and the third being 3 days back. All 3 are negative. There are no symptoms of pregnancy as well. Did feel tired for 2-3 days but fine now, going about routine work without any issues at all. My periods are quite regular otherwise. I am still worried about pregnancy but wondering if that is the case, the HPT should have shown that. We do not desire a child as yet coz we are due to get married only in January 2013. My doctor friend did start me on Deviry for 3 days which I stopped 3 days ago. Please advise.
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

there could be many causes for missed periods like,

-hormonal imbalance as in case of poly cystic ovarian disease,
-recent illness, recent drastic change in weight, excessive stress and strain, low body fat etc by affecting hypothalamo-pituitary-ovarian axis,
-thyroid hormonal disorders,
-pregnancy etc,

so as you checked for pregnancy thrice,
and used progesterone pills for withdrawal bleeding you wait for few more days,
as after stopping pills sometimes it may take 5 to 7 days for occurrence of withdrawal bleeding,

if after seven days also you didn't get withdrawal bleeding then after consulting your doctor,
you go for blood test for pregnancy which will rule out the chance of pregnancy,
then depending on the result you can proceed,
if test comes negative better to go for ultrasound and hormonal profile for estrogen, progesterone, FSH, LH, prolactin, thyroid profile etc to detect the cause for missed periods and treatment can be taken according to that.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.