Had protected sex. Missing period, getting white discharge. Am I pregnant?

Hi, Its been close to 2 months i got my periods. last was on DEC-middle, white discharge is something keep happening like 4-5 days in week, what do i need to do ? I'm really frustrated if i'm pregnant, had sex like one week before it was a safe sex only. i eat well, also taking some iron tablets cause i was diagnosed anemic recent visit to dr advised to continue medicines for 3 months. kindly help me with this.
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later

Since your periods are overdue, you should first test your urine for pregnancy using the kits available at all the pharmacies. In case the urine test is negative then other causes of delayed periods need to be evaluated.

The other reasons of delayed periods may be hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, anxiety, stress, or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland.

Hypothyroidism, polycystic ovarian syndrome or less frequently a pituitary tumour causing high prolactin levels or a hypothalamic disease are other causes that may be the cause after pregnancy is ruled out.

Please visit your Gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case to find out the cause so that treatment can be given accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had protected sex. Missing period, getting white discharge. Am I pregnant? 6 hours later
Fine, i've tested urine for pregnancy it was negative, is there any home made remedies available before i can reach out to gyno, since i stay at hostel and near my place i don't want to consult any doctors. i can able to fix appointment only in last week of this month..

Thanks for writing again.

It is good that the pregnancy test is negative. The delay in periods is then likely to be due to hormonal imbalance.

Home made remedies cannot help you in correcting the hormonal imbalance. You will have to consult a gynecologist whenever possible for proper treatment to regularize your cycles.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Had protected sex. Missing period, getting white discharge. Am I pregnant? 19 minutes later
Thanks for your reply, i would like to know because of me taking the iron tablets there may be some hormone imbalance ? since my blood count of HB was 5.9 in may-2012, has been raised up to 8.2 in Jan-2013.before i consult gyno, do i need to alter some diet ? like intake of more fiber foods ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later
The delay in periods could be due to low hemoglobin levels. This has to be treated with oral iron supplements, a multivitamin supplement and folic acid like FEFOL-Z. Oral iron supplements are prescription drugs and you would need to see your physician for the same. At the same time, you can take Vitamin C- Tablet Centrum 1 tablet in the morning 1 hour after food.

The following foods are XXXXXXX in iron and would prove useful for you:

a. Beans
b. Legumes
c. Grains
d. Meats
e. Jaggery
f. XXXXXXX leafy vegetables like spinach

All these supplements and dietary modifications can help in restoring your normal cycles.