Had protected sex. Missing period. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

Urologist
Question
sir me and my girl friend had an protected intercourse on 6th feb and her date of period was 8th feb , but today is 20th Feb is this the sign of pregnancy or delay in periods though she is getting the period feeling even today and 2 days before but she is not getting the periods . Please tell me is this something very serious
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 16 minutes later
Dear Sir,

If she had regular periods earlier and her due date was 8th feb then she cannot become pregnant by having intercourse on 6th Feb whether protected or unprotected.

She has delayed periods and you should see gynecologist for the same.

Sincerely

Rajiv goel

Follow-up: Had protected sex. Missing period. Is there any chances of pregnancy? 2 minutes later
ya she had her regular periods but why her period is delayed so much by 12 days ... she had a feeling on last sunday that she got the period bt when she checked in the washroom it was not and also today but there is no sign of periods at all .. what are the chances like when she would get it ? Please reply fast

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later
Dear Sir,

The delay in the period is most likely because of stress. However, you should still get urine pregnancy test. If urine pregnancy test is negative, you should get ultrasound pelvis done and then see gynecologist.

All the best.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Follow-up: Had protected sex. Missing period. Is there any chances of pregnancy? 41 minutes later
But sir what are the chances you see and the chances that is likely to happen if delay in periods is it normal or strange. we are damn worried. Please let me know how much time it takes for period to come in such situtation, but you also said even protected or unprotected on that day would not have caused pregnacy ....Reason ?

Dear Sir,

There is no eggs in the last 8 days of the cycle and hence no fertilization and pregnancy can take place.
It is very difficult to say when the periods shall come if they are delayed. You should see gynecologist and she shall start your girlfriend on medications that shall allow the periods to come.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel