Had protected sex. Missing period. Chances of getting pregnant? Safe to take E P Forte?

I am 27 years old. Last month i got periods on 17 th of march. Usually i ll get periods 7 days before the date but this month i didnt get periods. Last month 6 & 7 th days of my periods we had sex but nothing went inside. Is there any chance of getting pregnancy ? some of my friends suggested "EPFORTE" . Is it safe to use or Can you please suggest me any abortion pills name.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 1 hour later
Thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic.

You have mentioned that your period comes 7 days earlier (is it a calendar month i.e., 30 days or 28 days cycle). Your safe period depends upon whether yours is 21 days cycle or 23 days cycle. Ovulation is usually timed on 14 days before the expected period date (first day of menstruation). 3 days prior to and after ovulation (between 11th and 17th day) are 'unsafe' and the chances of pregnancy are more if the exposure occurs during this period.

Although withdrawal method is thought to be safe, the failure rate is around 25%. It is because the prostatic fluid secreted before ejaculation, frequently contains active sperm.

Do not worry. Your chances of pregnancy may be minimal. Probably you are anxious about the delay in period and anxiety can cause further delay.

Emergency contraceptive pills like Levonorgestel can be used up to 72 hours and Ulipristal can be used up to 5 days following intercourse to prevent pregnancy. Ep Forte is not effective once a person conceives.

Drugs like Mifepristone and Misoprostol are given together for terminating pregnancy. However, they should be taken only under the guidance of your doctor to avoid complications like incomplete abortion. Please visit your treating doctor and rule out pregnancy.

I hope this helps.
Good Luck. Regards.
Follow-up: Had protected sex. Missing period. Chances of getting pregnant? Safe to take E P Forte? 21 hours later
Hi Mam,
Thanks for your reply, I want to use MTP kit. I took the kit.It contains of 1 Mifepristone 200 mg and Misoprostol 4 tablets . Can you please suggest me how to use it . how much time gap should be there between the medicines.
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 1 hour later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.

Although three different types of protocols are available for inducing abortion, as I mentioned earlier, it should be done only under the supervision of the Dr. only your treating Dr can decide the dose of the drugs and the protocol. Also signing a consent form is necessary. Improper usage can lead to complications like rupture of uterus (due to over dose) and incomplete abortion.

Although Mifepristone is taken orally, Misoprostol needs to be inserted vaginally on the third day, under your Dr's supervision. So, please do not try on your own.

I hope I have answered your question.